IAHSP® – The International Association of Home Staging Professionals® is pleased to announce the addition of Deborah Plowden, ASPM, IAHSP-Premier, to our IAHSP® International Board in the position of Director of Diversity.
IAHSP® is always looking for ways to be inclusive, collaborative and provide opportunities for success for all members of our industry. With the focus on issues of diversity, inclusion and concerns related to racism, sexism and ageism that is in our society, we need to take a responsible approach to how our association and leadership addresses and represents diversity and promotes inclusivity not just for IAHSP® but for our industry as whole.– Jennie Norris, IAHSP Chairwoman
This new and important role will focus on the following:
- The Director of Diversity will assess potential barriers and develop strategies focused on recruiting and retaining a diverse International Association of Home Staging Professionals.
- The Director of Diversity will help to maintain cohesion along the dimensions, of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.
- The Director of Diversity will help to dispel any negative sterotypes and personal biases about different groups and cultures and help to build bridges of trust, respect, and understanding across cultures.
- The Director of Diversity will assess potential barriers and develop strategies focused on recruiting and retaining diversity among IAHSP membership.
- The Director will design training initiatives on cultural competency, gender differences, disability, sexual harassment, and other topics designed to increase awareness and support of equity and inclusion values.
- The Director of Diversity will serve to help maintain international and global diversity within IAHSP.
- The Director of Diversity will serve as a referral person to all IAHSP members in the area of maintaining diversity.
- The Director of Diversity will help plan, guide and advise President and executive officers on diversity, equity, and affirmative action matters of IAHSP.
- The Director of Diversity will work with other educational providers to ensure a path to Home Staging education for all socio-economic, race and ethnicity groups so Home Staging is an industry available to all those who desire to be part of it.
For information on joining IAHSP, go to www.iahsp.com. For more information on this program and what we offer, please email Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Plowden, founder and CEO of Debonair Home Staging & Redesign LLC, is the only Professional Home Stager that’s an Accredited Staging Professional Master® (ASPM®) and Staging Design Professional™ (SDP™), located in Houston, TX and the surrounding areas.
Deborah combines staging and apply design principles, as well as her own unique natural design talent, to every staging project giving her clients maximum results such as offers in as little as one day, receiving multiple offers and selling over list price.
Having moved numerous times herself while serving in the U.S. Military, Deborah understands the importance for all homeowners to sell quickly and get top dollar for one of their biggest investments. By providing impeccable customer care while demonstrating her expertise and professionalism on every staging project from start to finish, Deborah has received the International Association of Home Staging Professionals® (IAHSP®) Best of Home Staging Customer Service Award.
With her leadership skills and passion to help her fellow colleagues succeed, she pours countless hours into guiding and mentoring many members of the Greater Houston Chapter IAHSP® while committing herself to various positions as President, Education Chair and Membership Chair resulting in her being a recipient of the IAHSP® Best of Home Staging Industry Leadership Award.
Deborah has appeared on Real Estate radio talk shows, taught many Home Staging classes and been featured in local newspaper articles.
“Great design brings harmony, great staging brings equity!” – Deborah Plowden